Thursday, October 11, 2012

Disney- Day 3

I knew nothing would be able to top our visit to the Magic Kingdom, but I was still pretty excited about day three.

We decided to just spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom in the morning and then devote the rest of the day to Disney's Hollywood Studios. (The Keeper insisted that place was called MGM, but it clearly said Hollywood Studios everywhere. I think she's crazy.)

 

That tree in the background was SO cool. It has hundreds of animals carved into it.
I could've walked around it picking out animals all day!

Here's another view of the tree.
I was really missing our old nice camera with its super zoom. Ah well.

I'm so excited to share this picture with you.
I rode every single ride with The Keeper, but I had to stay safely tucked into her purse because she was afraid something might happen to me.
I insisted I get to ride at least one ride outside..and she finally agreed!
This might not have been the biggest "rollercoaster" for you humans, but it's pretty huge for me!

Here we go!!

After my fun ride, we decided on a whim to see this show- Finding Nemo: The Musical.
It just happened to be about to start when we passed the building.
I am SO glad we saw it. It was by far the best show we saw the whole trip.
It was just so neat...if you ever go to Animal Kingdom, don't miss this show (especially if you're a big puppet geek like The Keeper and I are.)

This was the main reason The Keeper and her husband wanted to visit Animal Kingdom.
They told me Expedition Everest was one of their very favorite rides.
After riding it, I completely agree.
It is such an amazing and unique ride...half rollercoaster, half dark ride. Very unusual and very cool!


After some lunch (and ice cream!), we were off to Disney's Hollywood Studios (or MGM as The Keeper insists.)

Now that is a BIG hat!

On our way to the animation studio!
The Keeper says it's just not quite the same as it once was...since all the real animation takes place in CA now, but it was still really fun to see.

And guess who we found...the big guy himself!
Funny enough, this was probably the longest line we had to wait in the entire trip.
The Keeper and her husband just had to have their picture taken with him...they have a little boy at home who was really anxious to hear about meeting the REAL Mickey Mouse.

I...um...chose to observe him from the purse. There's something a little intimidating about these big characters to me.

Thirsty?

Kermit!
I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE The Muppets.
(I mentioned earlier about being a big puppet nerd.)
The Muppets 3D might be an old show, but it's still great in all its silliness.
Very classic muppet humor. :)

Indiana Jones show!? Yes, please!
He may not have been Harrison Ford, but he was a worthy substitute.

The Hollywood Tower of Terror!
We definitely had to ride this one! Very spooky...and fun!

Another must ride was the Rockin' Roller Coaster. It's quite a thrill....plus, you get to listen to Aerosmith music the whole time!

Day three was quite a lot of fun...but it was SO exhausting having to split one day between two parks!
We managed to see everything we wanted to see at least. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! (And a very busy day! LOL)

    ReplyDelete